Tips To Increase The Flavour Of This Indian Delicacy
posted at: 25-08-2020 | author: foodcrush
Indian cuisine consists of an assortment of territorial and customary cooking styles local to the Indian subcontinent. Given the assorted variety in soil, culture, and ethnic gatherings, these foods change generously and utilize locally accessible flavours, herbs, and natural products.
Biryani! The first thing that comes to our mind is the blast of spices in our mouth after the first spoon of that aromatic and flavorful delicacy. Every region has a unique way of serving Biryani, some serve it with Raita (made with yoghurts, spice powders, herbs & veggies) and some with Mirchi ka Salan (gravy made using green chills) but the taste will surely please your palate.
@ the modern proper / my spicy kitchen
Traditionally, biryani was cooked over charcoal in an earthen pot but nowadays people are cooking it in the rice cooker, over a stove in steel pots and many more. Biryani is usually cooked with different types of meat such as chicken, mutton, fish, prawn and many more. Chicken Biryani is one dish that can be relished on a few events, for example, buffet, family gatherings, and potluck. With that, let’s see what do we need and how to cook this delightful and mouthwatering dish.
These are the list of things we need to make a bowl of delicious biryani.
|1 Cup Basmati Rice||Mint Leaves|
|Salt and pepper as required||Cornflour|
|3 Green Cardamom||2 Clove|
|2 Onion||1 ½ Teaspoon Turmeric|
|½ Cup Yogurt||Lemon Juice|
|2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves||Water As Required|
|3 Tablespoon Ghee/oil||600gram Chicken|
|1 Tablespoon Garam Masala Powder||2 Nutmegs|
|2 Bay Leaves||3 Black Cardamom|
|1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds||4 Green Chillies|
|2 Tablespoon Ginger-garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|Chopped Garlic And Ginger||Cinnamon Sticks|
1. Before starting on the chicken, the basmati rice should be washed and left to soak in the water for 20 minutes.
2. Next, the chicken should be marinated with a dash of lemon juice, salt, pepper, half a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Add in a little pinch of cornflour into the chicken and mixed all of it. Make sure the chicken is coated well with all the ingredients and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile, add ghee or oil in a deep bottomed pan. Once the oil/ghee is hot enough, add chopped onion, garlic, ginger in it and saute until golden brown.
@ Kary Osmond
4. Then, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, nutmegs, cloves in it, and saute for about a minute.
5. Now, add the marinated chicken into it with slit green chillies, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and salt for taste.
6. Pour some water as required into the pan. Mix well all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Once its texture looks like a paste, add in the ½ yoghurt and give it a good stir.
@spice in fusion
7. Now, turn on your rice cooker and pour a few teaspoons of oil/ghee into it so that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. Transfer the paste and chicken from the pan into the rice cooker. Next, drain the water from the rice and add the rice as well. Mix it well and pour at least 2 ½ cups of water into it and close the lid. Let it cook for at least 30 minutes.
9. Once the rice is fully cooked, chop up some fresh mint leaves and coriander leaves, toss it into the rice and give it a good but gentle stir as the rice might still be sticky.
10. Once it is done, transfer the biryani into a big bowl and give it another 15 minutes while you prepare your side dish to go with it (optional).
11. At Last, you can serve yourself a big plate of nothing but goodness and savour it. You have made your chicken biryani and I bet it would taste as good as it would look. Good luck in trying !
Tip On Cooking Better Like A Pro With The Help Of These 5 Tips:
- Always use a heavy-bottomed pan as you would not want the chicken getting cooked in the biryani.
- If you want your chicken to be juicier in your biryani, do not remove the bone.
- If your cooked rice has turned sticky, spread it on a plate and leave them for 5 minutes. The rice will be separate and beautiful again.
- Newly pound flavors draw out the best preference for Biryani, so ensure that dry meal all the entire flavors for a decent 2-3 minutes and afterward pound or crush them.
- The restaurant style chicken biryani utilizes the entire chicken in planning and the chicken breast can dry when cooking at home. It's constantly proposed to utilize chicken thigh or drums.